Tuesday, December 20, 2016

2016 | A Year in Review with a One Year Old

As we countdown to Christmas and give cheers to our co-workers, purchase last-minute gifts and settle in for the season of traditions with loved ones (Christmas Eve Tamales, Mom's PinWheels and Goodwill Gifts!) - I always love to look back at the past year. Merry Christmas from our little family to yours, and a very Happy New Year! 



2016 | A Year in Review with a One Year Old 

BABY GIGGLES, SLOPPY KISSES, DROOL SKOOL, SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, CRAWLING, TEARS... SO, SO MANY TEARS, MILK, PLANE TRIPS, CAR TRIPS, TRIPS TO THE DOCTOR, SICKNESS, BOWS, PINK, SNOW SUITS, BATHING SUITS, BABY BATHS, STANDING, WALKING, FIRST WORDS, FIRST FOODS, 5 LITTLE MONKEYS AND ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT...ON REPEAT, MAMAMAMA, DADADADA, ELLE'S VERY OWN ROOM, NEW TEACHERS, VISITS FROM FAMILY AND FRIENDS, NEW APARTMENT, HUGS, PUPPY KISSES, PARTIES, CELEBRATIONS, FLYING FOOD AND HAPPY DOGS, PAWS AND BABY FEET, FIRST BIRTHDAY AND HALLOWEEN, SNUGGLES IN BED, COFFEE, KID'S MINISTRY, LATE NIGHT GOOGLES OF PARENTAL ASSURANCE, LEARNING THE ROPES OF WORKING PARENTS, DISHWASHER (FINALLY!), LOVE... LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE (AND TYLENOL)



“Every night before I get my one hour of sleep, I have the same thought: ‘Well, that’s a wrap on another day of acting like I know what I’m doing.’ I wish I were exaggerating, but I’m not. Most of the time, I feel entirely unqualified to be a parent. I call these times being awake.” - Jim Gaffigan



“There are two philosophies when it comes to getting young children to sleep. There is ‘sleep training,’ which basically involves putting your kids to bed and listening to them scream all night; or there is ‘attachment parenting,’ which essentially involves lying down with your kids, cuddling them, and then listening to them scream all night.” - Jim Gaffigan 





"Everybody knows how to raise children, except the people who have them."
 - P.J. O'Rourke 



Cheers to the big little adventures that 2017 will bring! 

--
In case you'd like to see, the past year with Elle...

ELEVEN TEN NINE EIGHT SEVEN SIX FIVE FOUR THREE TWO ONE

*Photos by AmandaLiew.com

No comments :

Post a Comment