Friday, April 1, 2016

Elle Madison | 4 Month Update

Fancy and loving four months!


Pediatrician Update: Elle is now 13 pounds and 11 ounces. And, as a huge surprise to us, she is in the 83rd percentile for height (and somewhere in the middle for weight). But let's be honest, we are short people. I was very tall until middle school, and then stopped growing... so live it up while it lasts, Miss Elle. 



Daycare: I can't tell you how thankful we are for Elle's daycare. Figuring out your childcare solution is no easy task and it is so personalized to your needs and situation... couple that with New York challenges and WHEW! They follow the Reggio Emilia approach which seems to make for happy parents and kiddos... and Elle is all smiles at dropoff/pickup. They send us adorable photos during activities, and she even has a little boyfriend . . . So, aside from all the germs and inevitable sickness, we are saying AMEN to a loving place for Elle. 







Returning to Work: I honestly didn't know where I'd finally land with career vs. stay-at-home options. I think both are challenging and enjoyable... and there is no "right" choice. I figured I'd want to jump back into corporate philanthropy, but did wonder if I'd change my mind during my maternity leave. I landed on going back to work full-time, even though the first day was emotionally and physically HARD. I'm happy to be back and feel like the work I do day-to-day is meaningful and has impact. My travel schedule will increase this year (and super dad already held down the fort on my first overnight trip to VA). That being said, if I ever get to the point of feeling out-of-balance with home/work, then we will reevaluate the situation. But for now, we are happy in these crazy, sleepless, work scattered days bookended with baby smiles. And NYC isn't such a bad background either. 





Oh, February: We have strong words for you. The month of February was ROUGH. For the majority of the month, all three of us were sick in some shape or form. A cold was consistent for all... Elle had a horrible cough that caused her to throw up bottles and wake all hours of the night, Richard got pink eye, and I got a stomach bug. Being sick with a sick kid is no joke. I thought we would never sleep again. Ever. Goodbye, February. 


Praises: Ellie Beans is smiling a ton, her sickness has not been dangerous, she is squealing and babbling so much, loves to play with her crinkle paper and light-up toy... and the cutest thing is that she loves to look at herself in the mirror. She is also grabbing everything in sight, including poor Sundae who just sits there as she pulls her hair. :) 



Sickness aside, Elle is at a very fun stage right now and loves attention from others (she hammed it up at our Annual Oscars party before having a "sleepover" with her bestie Lucie in our room). 




No comments :

Post a Comment