Thursday, October 23, 2014

Our very first date, 10 years ago.

A decade ago, we had our first date at the State Fair of Texas. Our first official date, I should say… if you ask us what our first date was, we will both pause and say "well, that depends". What could have been our first official date is really a matter of understanding our personalities.


You see, my dear husband has the most non-assuming personality. If he was holding the winning lottery ticket, hearing every number called, he still would think someone else won. I, on the other hand, am very impatient, like to get things going quickly... because why on Earth would I wait? Life is to be experienced to the fullest, so buckle up and lets go! :)  So on that warm October night that Richard walked one campus apartment building over to my apartment, he naturally assumed it was a group outing and didn't understand why my roomies were not ready to go! While my tiny college room had been turned upside down looking for the perfect outfit to wear for our… you know, date. And naturally I landed on a corona skirt I purchased on my grad trip to Cancun a few months earlier. I mean doesn't that just scream perfect first date?


I had been to the State Fair of Texas too many times to count. I mean Texans celebrate it as a national holiday pretty much - we even get a day off of school and free ticket for crying out-loud! But this time was different, and special. We spent way too much money and ate way too much fried food. I remember wearing a sweater that I loved from Aeropostale because it was supposed to be more Fall-like, but felt more like Summer. And CARGO pants. We took Richard's Oldsmobile 88… that I would spill paint all over a few months later. We stayed from morning till night and never ran out of things to talk about. And that is where our love story began. Unless you count the movies. Then that is where our love story began. 


To celebrate, we went on a date in the Upper East Side. After drinks and apps, we thought it was fitting to go to the new noodle bar a few streets. Much fancier ramen than our college days. And we ended the night with a sweet treat, watching our favorite show on the couch with two dogs snuggled in-between us. Cheers to always having date nights as the years go by, one by one! XO.







pictured above :: infirmary nyc :: mei-jin ramen :: two little red hens

No comments :

Post a Comment