Sunday, October 5, 2014

My little sister came to New York.

My little sister came to visit us at the end of summer and we were beyond excited! Meet Jamie, my outgoing other half that is 7 years younger than me.  


Siblings are a funny thing. You grow-up with this person who watches you, and you watch them morph into a human being who changes styles, likes and views. You are intertwined on this strange journey through life together, holding a connection that can never be forgotten, no matter what the circumstances might be. It's a crazy unique attachment and very special bond to hold.



Jamie was quite adventurous and up for a good walk, so we were able to explore much of the city. My favorite thing we did was walk the Brooklyn Bridge together, and take a gazillion pictures and listen to how much she was falling in love with this city - over and over again. It is such a special place and was even more special getting to experience it with her. 


Growing up, everything I did and said was "cool" to my younger half. While that might not still be the case, and she was quick to point out just how different our personal styles are now :), it is still a neat thing to be a big sister. Even if that means rolling my eyes, asking questions and wanting the best for this person who I watched grow over the years.

A few of my favorite memories growing up involve carrying her around as a toddler, staying at our grandmother's house every other weekend at "the lake" and being the cool city kids, countless hours at the skating rink, wearing tube tops and hanging out on my college campus with "Ricardo" followed by  special trips to Luby's to visit him, trips to San Antonio and much more. And also sharing frustrations and heartbreaks that are part of our journey; those can be sweet too in a comforting sort of way.

To my younger half, maid of honor in our wedding, and person I'll always share a special bond with… Richard and I love you very much and are so glad you came to this amazing place we call home. 

Now, on to our gazillion pictures….













Pictured Above: Upper East Side, Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, Grand Central Station, Rooftop in Brooklyn, Midtown Pizza Spot, Times Square, Bryant Park, Wall Street, New York Public Library

No comments :

Post a Comment