Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Walking from the top of Manhattan to the bottom

I know what you are thinking. "Jessa?! You walked almost 15 miles in one day while 7 months pregnant?!" If I said yes, would you bring me a cupcake and peaches while I write this wide awake in the middle of the night?

One of Richard's NYC must-do's has been to walk from the top of Manhattan to the bottom. When walking this route, mostly along Broadway, you really soak in the diversity and variety that this island has to offer. Richard's journey took a little over 6 hours - and here is how he shared what he saw and experienced via text with my pregnant self along the way... 

***
"On the bus. Going to give you the play by play. Current soundtrack: Fleet Foxes. Current Mood: excited."


"225th St. Soundtrack: Matt and Kim. Mood: ready to get rolling."


"Getting a pour-over coffee at this cool looking coffee shop. French jazz-age music playing. Somewhere near 205th..."


"Seeking the elusive lighthouse under the GWB - it's hidden!"



"Found it!"




"175th. United Palace Theater. Current soundtrack: The National. Current mood: going strong."



"Entering the Columbia area. Love it."


"Leaving Columbia. Soundtrack: Lumineers. Mood: wondering how to find a route that shows me things I haven't seen before."


"Speaking of which - here's this..." (referring to the famous Seinfield restaurant that we went to a few years back)


"I'm across the park from you now!" (this is our street!)


"Lincoln Center, homie. 

Current soundtrack: Bon Iver. Mood: hungry."


"A quick bite at Fat Sal's."



"I'll be there for youuuuu"  (FRIENDS apartment, West Village) 


"There she is! One Broadway. The end. Just getting a quick pic from Battery Park, and I'm headed home."



"Headed back!" (To which I responded, "Hooray! Now I'd like a coffee and cupcake.") 

And that was Richard's almost 15 mile walk from the top to the bottom of Manhattan. Check! 

No comments :

Post a Comment