Saturday, August 22, 2015

My NYC Babyshower | Mad Hatter Tea Party

{Fun fact} "Mad as a hatter" is a colloquial phrase used in conversation to refer to a crazy person. In 18th and 19th century England, mercury was used in the production of felt, which was used in the manufacturing of hats common of the time. People who patronised these hat factories were exposed daily to trace amounts of the metal, which accumulated within their bodies over time, causing some workers to develop dementia caused by mercury poisoning (called mad hatter syndrome). Thus, the phrase became popular as a way to refer to someone who was perceived as insane.

Let's be honest. This is very fitting for pregnancy. I've certainly felt "mad as a hatter" these days. :) 

***

Hello, third trimester (my favorite, so far!)... and to my very merry Mad Hatter NYC Babyshower. 

Have I mentioned our amazing support system in New York City? Together with these friends, that have become our family, we have enjoyed the sweetest of celebrations. 


Our hosts secretly reached out to both my mom and mother-in-law for a memory game from when they were pregnant / we were little. Some of my favorite questions were:

Who was born after putting their mother thru 10 hours of labor? Jessa
Whose doctor delivered them and then retired? Richard
Whose nickname as a baby was Doodle? Jessa
Whose first words were 'mama', 'dada', 'rabbit' and 'cracker'? Richard 

.... and let me tell you. I did not win. 


My awesome shower hosts, that made the adorable theme come to life. I love the cute sign in the background - Mad Baby Thom Thom!


And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how we party in NYC apartments. 
So thankful for these ladies - each and every one! 


{Pictured Below}
1. Tiny 'drink me' tea bottles (how on earth did they stuff these?!) and 'eat me' cookies!
2. We had a variety of yummy homemade goodies... and I just loved the matching signs at each station! 
3. A photo booth with props - ahhh, my favorite! #BabyThomThom
4. Sugar. Sugar. Sugar. If you've been around me lately, you know this baby takes after her Dad. 
5. Super cute decor and signage. 
6. Baby kicked for this picture when I put the hand-knit mittens on my stomach from her Auntie Katie!
7. Headband station for little Miss Thom Thom. I have so many cute things to put on her now!
8. More pretty pink decor!
9. The best part - gifts! And the itty bitty clothes that I brought home have got Richard saying all sorts of funny words like 'adorable' and 'cute'! 


Photo booth fun! I'm really a sucker for these. I sure hope this child likes to take photos.


My cheerleading squad, making headbands. I meet with Drea + Katie weekly for breakfasts. They've been there for me through exciting weeks, but more importantly, thru 7AM meltdowns as life with a bump has taken me for a rollercoaster of emotions. 


And what was Richard up to, you ask? He was whisked away for a day of fun on a Manhattan rooftop followed by a brewery in Queens... 


Hooray for celebrations! It was a lovely day, indeed. We ended the night with a date at a hole in the wall Italian spot in our neighborhood, and barely made it back home before falling into bed with Pickle and Sundae. 

No comments :

Post a Comment