Friday, April 25, 2014

Coffee + Breakfast = Monday + Friday: The Grind

Two years ago I remember saying to Richard.

"Ya know, I am kind of excited about moving to NYC because I feel like our schedules will slow down. We will have no obligations in the city. It will be like a very long vacation."

And that is when I learned…

We create the busy because we like the reward.


And that's not a bad thing.

We spend countless hours obtaining degrees so that we can push on toward our career goals. We use precious weekend time running errands to fix-up our apartments and homes so that they will reflect our sense of style and comfort. We carve out dinners, coffee chats and nights on the town with friends so that we have pictures and memories to hold on to for a lifetime.

Being busy creates a lot of rewards, and we need rewards in this life to keep chuggin' along. But sometimes we also need structured rest - for those busy minded folks, you understand that scheduling downtime is essential to actually achieving downtime.

Last year, I felt like Richard and I were pushing through the days - check, check, check - and keeping our eye on the 'goal' of those few hours we had together at night. So when work ran long, errands ate away time and life got in the way of those few precious hours it began to stress me out.

Together, we are trying a new season that I am really excited about. 

Coffee + Breakfast = Monday + Friday


We start and end our work week together, in the wee hours of the morning before life starts hacking away.
And it is wonderful.

Richard has also gotten into grinding coffee beans by hand. So every Monday and Friday, I enjoy coffee from my personal barista. Not a bad deal.

Here's to sipping a little calm before diving into the busy… the busy that we really do love so much.










3 comments :

  1. Love this! I love following your life through this blog, Facebook and Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! =0) You are so sweet and made my day!

      Delete