Saturday, March 29, 2014

Visiting Texas - March 2014



One might think we ran to Texas in March to escape the never-ending winter that the Northeast is feeling this year. And one might be right, but that was just an added perk! We actually flocked back South to meet the newest addition to our family, Luke. Or…as we like to call him - The Honorable Luke Thomas Harris.

The trend started with Princess Chloe and Master Jude. I'm sure the mailman and amazon folks think we are strange ones when processing shipments for us. 

Well, they are probably right. 


Happy Birthday to my Mother-in-Law!

Woodland Hills

During our trip, we took a journey through memory lane in Nacogdoches. One morning we strolled through the golf course that Richard's grandparents owned, that he grew up on and spent many days chasing balls. The same golf course that I've heard countless stories about holes in one, "Papa jokes" and how he fought with his best friend Wesley about whether or not you could fight off the mountain lion that lived there with a golf club.

Richard's Grandparents House, also Richard Thomas.

Nacogdoches

Gigo's newest cutie in Tyler

We also got to spend time in Tyler at my grandmother's (who I call Gigo) house where I spent many summers and weekends growing up. I was always referred to as "the city girl" when I played with my country friends in her neighborhood. I remember wearing my first pair of (throwback) daisy dukes here, swimming in the lake, riding my first jet ski and spending countless hours outdoors. Sadly, these memories are starting to float from my Gigo's mind, but she was very excited by our visit. And also tried to give me her entire closet because she was worried I didn't have enough clothes in New York City… :)

Tyler, TX

Richardson, TX

Every time we come back it seems like more houses have been purchased and more babies are on the way. It is so fun to share life's journey with the best of friends. A very cute and pregnant Mindy gave us the official house tour and construction update from the work that was being done on their newly purchased home. It did not go without notice that the baby's room is larger than our bedroom… oh New York, you are killing me space-wise! And, of course, Paolo did not disappoint by introducing us to a new delicious Food Network recommendation, Afrah. Foodie friends are the best and time with them is always enjoyed so much!

Jude (4), Chloe (6)

Luke (little over 1 month)
We enjoyed a ton of niece and nephew time, out in the country near Fort Worth. Our little Princess Chloe (6) is quite the chicken wrangler. Jude (4), for some unknown reason, is talking in British accents "I'd like some cherry yogurt". And we have all decided that little Luke is going to be the Jamaican one in the bunch. Don't you love just how interesting and rich kids make our lives? And, of course, they make naps that much more necessary - ha!
Story time with Uncle Richard


My mom with Chloe and Jude preparing dinner…
have I told you how amazing of a cook my mom is?
 I'm slowly learning!

The boys cleaning up in the kitchen!
See Luke and Matt's resemblance? :)

Lots of kiddo time!

I always love visiting my grandmother in Lewisville. Her faith amazes me and it is inspiring that she has no fear in sharing it. I'm only 5 foot 2 (1/2!), but I feel so tall when I'm with my grandmother, mom and aunt. My grandmother was not happy that we squatted in the picture below, she actually made us retake it standing up straight. But I love this picture and each of them - so cute! My grandmother and her husband are currently living in an independent living community - and they love it! They actually have a cares team on-site, which is so fun since we were once a cares team of our own

My amazing mom + my aunt + my grandma + me

Pre-apartment tour!

Friends since 6th grade
Life throws so many curve balls at you. Actually. Let's be honest, sometimes life just dumps lemons on top of your head. It's so nice to always be able to go back to friends that center you, know you and allow you to just be. In your messiness, with lemons all around. So thankful for those friends that we have and hold so dear.

As our childhood reminds us, JessCow + BrenCow = BF4L
Meeting Baby Fish for the first time… and we are in love!
We also love his great parents!

Praise God. We got rid of our storage unit!

The Pettys made sure we had our fair share of Texas beer. They get us.

Fantastic way to spend our last full day in Texas. Love them.
Every time we are with the Petty's, a new adventure seems to unfold while we are remembering old adventures. This was my first time 4-wheeling, and I was terrified… but in a fun, exhilarating sort of way. Our wedding dresses even made an appearance that night. Thankful for friendships that are easy, restore and put laughter in your heart, because life is way too short to not experience these moments and memories.  

5+ years later, YES we can still fit in our dresses. 
Kaylie's crush - ALFORD! 
Until next time, Texas. Thanks for bringing us back to our southern roots little Luke…. "The Honorable". :)

XOXO

3 comments :

  1. We made the blog!! I realize this is a little late :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such an adorable family! Your picture together with your grandma is so cute. I can see that everyone was so happy with that visit. I really enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing such a heartwarming read! All the best to you and your family!

    Vonda Cheney @ Amber Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems that your family is really close to each other. I can feel how much love you have for each other, just by looking at your photos. Anyway, how's your Granny Gigo? I hope she's doing great. Thanks for sharing such a heartwarming post. I hope you get to enjoy more mombents like that with your family!

    Jeffrey Whitehouse @ Homewatch CareGivers

    ReplyDelete