Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fall in New York City

This quote made me laugh…

“Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.”      

- Nora Ephron 



…because it's the way I've been feeling. I'm seriously trying to figure out just how long I can hold on to Fall while squeezing out every last drop. Here's what I've managed to squeeze out so far:

This was our first year to go apple picking! The colors, the views, the weather… 


Richard decided to ride a bike, uphill, for about 60 miles with some friends (crazy!!)… 



So we gave them trophies.. 


Our dear friends held an Apple Pie contest and we baked our very first apple pie together!


We've had a ton of fun with Community Group nights…


Our "other couple half" took us to see Jimmy Fallon (aired on 10/31)…and I got to touch his hand!!

 

We started leading a Community Group…


Girls Spa Night + Guy's Whiskey Night! 


I had my first cider donut!


We recreated Rome with Gelato and a midnight trip to Washington Square Park…


Sunday Fun-days in full force...


Did you know that you can fish in Central Park? 


Per our "must see" list, we took a trip to Prospect Park in Brooklyn (don't worry Central Park, PP has nothing on you!)…


Our group at ApostlesKids! was really getting into Fall too…


We paid to scream like little girls again with the Segura's...


The first annual scarf exchange was born...


Three monthly dinner parties and counting with our NYC family...


My sistah from another mister and I had several wine chats...  


Some of our best friends came to visit…



We figured out how to get free burgers...


A Hocus Pocus night was had...


We bought a crockpot! 


We saw a friend's band rock out next to Times Square...



We took a nap on the beach...


We fell in love with Fall.

No comments :

Post a Comment