Thursday, September 25, 2014

What on Earth is a Deckerville? 2014 Edition.


Over the summer, we took a road trip to Deckerville with these friends of ours that have made life in New York City so wonderful. I learned some things in Deckerville. 
But first, you are probably wondering WHAT ON EARTH IS 'A DECKERVILLE'


So let's start there. See the guy flying through the air touching Richard's shoulder? Meet Scott. To the left of Richard is part of Scott's fun family. They are all from this magical land of Deckerville… found in Michigan. Not to be confused with Ohio. 


Michiganders don't like Ohio, I learned. And by the time we arrived back in New York City with a speeding ticket in hand, we hated Ohio too. Darn you Ohio. 


Thank you, Ohio, for not entering Richard's speeding ticket into your database… and for not telling us what we owe… and for that arrest warrant… and then that extra special fine for not paying the ticket that we didn't know the amount for. Thank you, Ohio, for being great. 



I learned that eating every single meal outside over the fire is amazing. And Scott has an amazing family, who are wonderful hosts and so welcoming!


I learned all about the Great Lakes. I can't tell you what I learned anymore, but it was good knowledge at the time. And absolutely gorgeous. 


The entire gang played a scramble one day, drinks in hand. And it was SO MUCH FUN! 


Richard and I celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary during the trip...


… our marriage has been so blessed by great friendships along the way. They have helped to mold and shape us, laugh and cry with us… and create memories with us. 


We also got to tour the Dairy Farm that Scott grew-up on… and a cow licked me. 


Sipping coffee and looking at this view was probably my favorite part of the trip. 


You learn quite a bit about people when you drive over 12 hours in 1 car with them. We survived, and we still like each other. At least that's my story… ;) 


I learned that I do not like bows and arrows. I'd say that I don't like to shoot bows and arrows, but considering I actually shot the arrow backwards, I don't think that counts. 


We stood in Lake Huron and experienced Pure Michigan! 
And it was oh so cold, but oh so pretty!


These two are fabulous. They help me to stay sane as I try to figure out this life - and we have a lot of laughs along the way. 


And these three are quite entertaining to watch and make adventures pretty fun. Who knew that a couple from Michigan, Florida and Texas would have so much in common? 


**MOM / Crazy Gun Talk Alert*** No these guns are not loaded. Yes, we checked 21431234 times. No Scott is not pointing the gun at Richard's head - you can't see the depth in the picture. No we were not drinking. No we did not shoot animals or anything other than a target. Yes, we were supervised and safe, safe, safe. :) 

Now you can breathe and say… Awwww! What a cute picture!!! And that was my first real time shooting a gun! And it was scary, and loud and fun! 


We went SWIMMING! I sure love living in NYC, but I sure miss swimming all summer long. It was so nice get some sun with the ladies!
Life is about creating moments and memories. Thanks for growing up on a dairy farm Scott. And thanks for making plans with us over beers - they always lead to the best memories. :)

Cheers! Until our next adventure… or our next beer together. Whatever comes first!

XO Deckerville! Not Ohio!

No comments :

Post a Comment