Sunday, December 22, 2013

Decorating for Christmas in 450 sq ft.

Everything is a challenge when you live in 450 square feet... including decorating for Christmas. So, when I'm living in an abundance of square footage one day, I want to remind myself of how much I actually loved decorating our tiny New York apartment... with my dollar store finds. Oh come on, you know we have no place to store our Christmas decor. It's sitting in a storage unit in Texas. When you have tons of square footage, you actually have to buy decor to fill up empty spaces. 

Here we go... our New York apartment at Christmas. All 450 square feet. Enjoy!

Dining table centerpiece with $1 ornaments + grandmother's champagne flutes + $1 Xmas wine glasses + fancy whiskey glasses... functional and festive!


Our front door! Hello, $1 stocking. 


Entry way! I absolutely love Christmas cards. In fact, it is one of my favorite things about Christmas. The little globe was Richard's as a little boy! 


Another thing we brought back from Texas recently... a handmade knit pillow. This also belonged to Richard as a little boy. It's the perfect easy addition to our chair! 


When we were first married, my mom bought us a little Christmas tree just like this one. We love little trees so much that they have become a Christmas staple. 


Having a chalkboard in a small space is so easy for transitional decorating. It can stay up all year, and you simply change it with the seasons. 


Adding a stand of lights to your alcohol collection is festive, easy and makes your kitchen sparkle! 


Aren't these cute?! I found these $1 steals for Pickle's & Sundae's first Christmas. I love the colors. The start to our Christmas morning is always the dogs running to their stockings for lots of treats! 



Christmas would not be complete without displaying some of our favorite Christmas movies! 


Changing out our island runner is super easy! We always grab a few festive fake flowers and re-purpose a candle holder or jar! 


Last, but certainly not least... Hand wash! Festive hand washes are one of my favorites. I love the purple I found this year... It still matches our bathroom, but it's Christmasy too! 


The best part of our Christmas decor is that it all fits in one medium-sized bag. Thanks for touring! 

1 comment :

  1. Love the decor, friend. And love the new blog background! (I accidentally commented as Robby before!) LOL

    ReplyDelete